Gift Eggs (or simply Eggs), are collectibles in Tattletail, and are laid by Tattletails..
During the course of the game the player can collect a total of 22 eggs hidden around the house, in order to unlock the secret ending. The eggs are relatively small, about the size of a baseball, and contain random objects and trash. They come in several different bright colors, and are presumably laid by Tattletail or Mama as gifts for the Protagonist. Collecting all the eggs will reward the player with an achievement.
Egg Contents and Locations
December 20th, 1998
- Egg #2 (Chewed Dog Food) is found on the table where the player initially finds Tattletail. Oddly, it disappears if the player wraps up Tattletail before collecting it.
December 21st, 1998
- Egg #6 (French Fry) is found where Mama Tattletail was after she disappears.
December 22nd, 1998
- A trail of eggs leads the player through the basement straight to Mama. It includes Egg #7 (Doll Hair), Egg #8 (Dead Beetle), Egg #9 (Broken Crayon), Egg #10 (Lost Earring), Egg #11 (Fingernail Clippings).
December 23rd, 1998
- Egg #13 (Dust Bunny) is found after the yellow Tattletail goes off for the first round of Hide & Seek.
- Egg #14 (Pencil Shavings) is found in the Protagonist's closet after the yellow Tattletail goes off for the final round of Hide & Seek.
- Egg #15 (Christmas Light) is found under the Christmas tree after the yellow Tattletail goes off for the second round of Hide & Seek.
- Egg #16 (Used Bandage) is found next to the yellow Tattletail in the spot where the player first encounters Mama.
December 24th, 1998
- Egg #21 (Car Keys) is found outside Mom's room before the player goes to bed.
- Egg #22 (Cupcake Wrapper) is found in the stocking hanging up in the living room.
- It is speculated that Mama laid the eggs.
- Geneva Hodgson confirmed that Egg #7 (Doll Hair) is a reference to a real-life incident, where a Cabbage Patch Kids Snack Time doll ate a girl's hair and ripped it from her scalp.
- Egg #16 (Used Bandage) may be a reference to the video game "Undertale", an indie RPG game. In that game, the Protagonist's first armor item is a bandage which, when unequipped, converts into a healing item, and is noted to have been used before upon healing the player.
- Everytime the player presses, "Wipe Data" and starts over, the eggs appear different